Pages

Friday, December 3, 2010

the one about the treasure chest

Since I started my career life in Software Development I always had this obsession of advancing and increasing my knowledge to be a world class guru in what I do.

A couple of weeks ago I was looking for books that can take me closer to my goal when I landed my hands on a blog post titled "Top 100 Best Software Engineering Books, Ever" which looked like a treasure chest full of priceless gems.

This post is prepared by Jurgen Appelo the agile development guru using the following criteria: 1. number of Amazon reviews 2.average Amazon rating 3.number of Google hits and 4.Jolt awards. in my opinion this criteria makes this list valuable and worth sharing. here is the first 10 books of the 100 entries list:
  1. Code Complete: A Practical Handbook of Software Construction by Steve McConnell
  2. Head First Design Patterns by Elisabeth Freeman, etc.
  3. Rapid Development by Steve McConnell
  4. Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software by Erich Gamma
  5. Applied Cryptography: Protocols, Algorithms, and Source Code (2nd Edition) by Bruce Schneier
  6. Agile Software Development: Principles, Patterns and Practices by Robert C. Martin
  7. Joel on Software by Joel Spolsky
  8. Peopleware: Productive Projects and Teams (2nd Edition) by Tom DeMarco, Timothy Lister
  9. The Mythical Man-Month, Anniversary Edition (2nd Edition) by Frederick P. Brooks
  10. Refactoring: Improving the Design of Existing Code by Martin Fowler
you can find the complete list here

No comments:

Post a Comment